Good morning! Welcome to "Morning Musings".

Musings: to meditate, think, contemplate, deliberate, ponder, reflect, ruminate, reverie, daydream, introspection, dream, preoccupation, brood, cogitate.

Friday, September 28, 2012

Autumn

I love this time of year....I'm always glad to see the hot, humid summer end.  I welcome the Autumnal Equinox first by putting away my summer decor and bringing out the Autumn garland for my fireplace....
Then I add the autumn flowers and gourds, switch out the lamp shades and put a tablecloth on my dining table....
I take down the blue curtains and put up the red....
The wreath by the front door gets autumized...
The Mums begin to bloom....
....and the Sedum....
The Virginia Creeper has turned a lovely shade of red....
....and the trees along the driveway have begun to change....

I feel called to the mountains this time of year.  The mass of various colors of red, yellow, orange, and green speak to my soul in the same way the different shades of green do in Spring.  We are so fortunate to be close to West Virginia....
And southeastern Ohio....
Pennsylvania....
Virginia....
And our own western Maryland....
Soon it will be fireplace weather....





3 comments:

  1. Love those curtains!
    What a beautiful country we have! I love all of these states and travel through them frequently for shows. I spent the day in the garden with the Sedum and Mums for my final weeding of the year. Your photos are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The curtains are from J. C. Penney. I was so excited to find them--on sale no less. And yes, we do live in a beautiful country. Even our deserts are beautiful, although, I could not live there full time. I need the mountains and the trees, the change in seasons, and the sea, so the East Coast is the best place for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting, Clarice! Yes, we really love it here in Maryland.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! Please note: To prevent spam comments are published after moderation.