Good morning! Welcome to "Morning Musings".

Musings: to meditate, think, contemplate, deliberate, ponder, reflect, ruminate, reverie, daydream, introspection, dream, preoccupation, brood, cogitate.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Signs of Things to Come


One of the things I love about the change of seasons is that we're treated to signs of things to come.  For instance, my Mums all have tiny buds on them and one even has a few blossoms....

....and the Dogwood Tree has its Autumn berries already....
There are other signs of good things to come like a tea bag resting in my cup waiting for the water to come to a boil....
....and cookie dough about to go into the oven....
We recently helped our son and daughter-in-law move into a new, more interesting neighborhood.  This is a sign of good things to come because they will be able to meet more people their own age and participate in activities the complex offers....
This move resulted in my son leaving his smoker with us.  Here it is smoking some salmon for tonight's supper, a sign of something good to come....
 ....and it was very good....
He also gave me the drawing table he no longer has room for in their new place....
I'm counting on it being a sign of great things to come because I have had the desire for a very long time to learn to draw and paint the characters for the children's stories I write.  Yes, I do love the signs of things to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Please note: To prevent spam comments are published after moderation.